Buying a home is a major investment. For most people, it is the single most significant investment we will make. Safeguarding that investment is essential, there are so many things that can happen in life. Having a good home insurance policy gives homeowners peace of mind that they are protected from all the perils out there. For residents of Illinois, talk to Sutkay Insurance Group about home insurance information, we have the answers you need.
Homeowner’s insurance coverage options
- Main structure: This coverage protects your home from things like fire, damage from high winds, lightning strikes, water damage, theft, and vandalism. All-natural disasters may not be covered; typically floods and earthquakes are not included. This coverage extends to attached structures such as decks or garages.
- Additional structures: Structures like a shed, a casita, barn, or detached garage, this coverage will be similar to that which the main structure has.
- Contents/personal property: Beyond just the main structure, homeowner’s insurance covers things like furniture, electronics, clothing and more if they are damaged or destroyed by a risk covered by the policy. For items of high value such as furs, jewelry, or expensive electronics, additional coverage may be required.
- Liability: Liability coverage protects the homeowner and members of the immediate family in the event of legal action against them. Examples include things like someone being injured on the premise, things that happen away from home such as a dog that bites someone down the street or in a dog park and also things like damage to others property by the homeowner, including their children.
- Loss of Use: This is an important coverage since it provides a place to stay in the event the home is damaged or destroyed. It can be a rental property, a hotel in the immediate aftermath or a structure brought to the property as a dwelling.
Residents of Illinois are encouraged to give the Sutkay Insurance Group a call or stop by our office to talk to one of our knowledgeable agents about a home insurance policy that will fit both your needs and your lifestyle.